Today my time with the Lord was on John 15:18-27. Jesus takes the time here to be REAL with His disciples; on what they can expect from the world after He leaves to be with the Father.
Here are my MAIN TAKEAWAYS (what I call my compiled notes for each day):
- We should expect persecution from the world when we show love the Love of Jesus and the Truth of the Word to a watching/critical world.
- We do not belong to this world. Jesus has called us and set up apart from the world…Otherwise we would be accepted by the world as being one with it.
- Jesus taught that we should expect the same treatment He did; we are not greater than Him (as referenced in John 13:16)
- There will be ones of the world who will listen and accept God’s word through our witness and teaching.
- Even with the evidence of miracles, the elite Jewish Leadership would not recognize Jesus as the Son of God. This was prophesied in Psalms 35:19 and 69:4.
- Thank goodness we have The Spirit of Truth, The Advocate, alive in us (sent by the Father on behalf of Jesus) to testify to the Truth of Jesus and the Father Who sent Him.
If the world hates you, know that it hated Me before it hated you.
If you belonged to the world, the world would treat you with affection and would love you as its own. But because you are not of the world [no longer one with it], but I have chosen (selected) you out of the world, the world hates (detests) you.
Remember that I told you, A servant is not greater than his master [is not superior to him]. If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word and obeyed My teachings, they will also keep and obey yours.
But they will do all this to you [inflict all this suffering on you] because of [your bearing] My name and on My account, for they do not know or understand the One Who sent Me.
If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin [would be blameless]; but now they have no excuse for their sin.
Whoever hates Me also hates My Father.
If I had not done (accomplished) among them the works which no one else ever did, they would not be guilty of sin. But [the fact is] now they have both seen [these works] and have hated both Me and My Father.
But [this is so] that the word written in their Law might be fulfilled, They hated Me without a cause.
But when the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) comes, Whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of Truth Who comes (proceeds) from the Father, He [Himself] will testify regarding Me.
But you also will testify and be My witnesses, because you have been with Me from the beginning. John 15:18-27 AMP