Daily Reading: John 16:5-16
- Our initial heart condition is to see our own circumstance and self-impact…first thing we are concerned with is ourselves.
- We sometimes fail to see what God has in store for us. The Disciples needed to lose Jesus to gain the Holy Spirit/The Comforter.
- The Holy Spirit well bring conviction and convincing of sin, of righteousness, and judgement to the world. When Jesus returns to the Father, He won’t be there to tell the Jewish people of their sin and the Jewish Leaders failed to see that Jesus was indeed the Messiah that had been promised.
- The Holy Spirit will convict the world of its sin for their unbelief in Jesus keeps them from the truth that He is their sin bearer and Savior.
- Because the Jewish people refused to see the righteousness of Jesus as True righteousness, the Holy Spirit would come to reveal the correct righteousness suitable for God the Father.
- Satan is the ruler of wicked ness and false judgement. The Holy Spirit would come to reveal the correct judgement (not by appearances alone).
- Because Jesus understood the frailty of His desciples, He did not heap on them everything they needed to know. The Holy Spirit would bring this knowledge in time.
- The knowledge the Holy Spirit would bring would be the message of the Father, not the Holy Spirit’s. Additionally, the Holy Spirit would reveal what the future holds to the disciples.
- The Holy Spirit represents the intention and will of the Son.
- The will of the Father and the will of the Son are one and the same.
But now I am going to Him Who sent Me, yet none of you asks Me, “Where are You going?” But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your hearts [taken complete possession of them]. However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is profitable (good, expedient, advantageous) for you that I go away. Because if I do not go away, the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you [into close fellowship with you]; but if I go away, I will send Him to you [to be in close fellowship with you]. And when He comes, He will convict and convince the world and bring demonstration to it about sin and about righteousness (uprightness of heart and right standing with God) and about judgment: About sin, because they do not believe in Me [trust in, rely on, and adhere to Me]; About righteousness (uprightness of heart and right standing with God), because I go to My Father, and you will see Me no longer; About judgment, because the ruler (evil genius, prince) of this world [Satan] is judged and condemned and sentence already is passed upon him. I have still many things to say to you, but you are not able to bear them or to take them upon you or to grasp them now. But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come [that will happen in the future]. He will honor and glorify Me, because He will take of (receive, draw upon) what is Mine and will reveal (declare, disclose, transmit) it to you. Everything that the Father has is Mine. That is what I meant when I said that He [the Spirit] will take the things that are Mine and will reveal (declare, disclose, transmit) it to you. In a little while you will no longer see Me, and again after a short while you will see Me. John 16:5-16 AMP