Top Level Notes for 1 John 3:20-24
Verse 20: Following from verse 19 -> When our heart is in tormenting self-accusation make us feel guilty and condemn us, we can have the knowledge that WE ARE OF THE TRUTH; we can then instruct our hearts and reassure ourselves in His presence.
- We are IN GOD’s HANDS -> He is greater than our consciences (our hearts)
- He knows everything and has our best interests (which is His will for us) at heart.
Verse 21: So, when I do not allow my heart to accuse me, then I can approach the throne of God with confidence.
Verse 22: I can then receive from Home whatever I ask, because I obey Him and His answers are my action in faith and obedience to Him. This is what is pleasing to Him.
Verse 23: And this is His commandment:
- THAT I BELIEVE IN THE NAME OF HIS SON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST
- THAT WE SHOULD LOVE ONE ANOTHER
- This is what He commanded us from the beginning
Verse 24: Everyone who believes in His name and loves his brother and sister -> Abides in HIM and He in them.
- How do we know (have proof) that He really lives and makes His home in us? -> by the Holy Spirit Whom He has given to us.