Today begins a study we are doing, as a Life Group, on the 1st Epistle of John. So for the next 30 days I will be posting my thoughts and revealed theology on this wonderful book. Today was spent praying, reading verses 1 through 5 in chapter 1, and writing down what the Lord was revealing to me as the Holy Spirit confirmed as foundational knowledge of Him and His word.
- THEOLOGY – John is very clear about the distinction of the first 2 persons of the Godhead. The Father and the Son have always existed together. (Verse 2)
- THEOLOGY – It was God’s plan all along to send Jesus His Son to be revealed to all who saw Him. (Verse 2)
- THEOLOGY – Many people saw Jesus before and after His resurrection; multitudes! The Apostles are witnesses to His transfiguration into heaven. (Verse 1)
- THEOLOGY – Faith realizes what we have not seen as spiritually visible. We do not see until we have faith. (Verse 3)
- THEOLOGY – We are partakers of the “Divine Nature”. We know God only by having fellowship with Him. (Verse 3)
- THEOLOGY – The Holy Ghost is not mentioned for it is He, or by the Holy Ghost (Spirit) of the Father and Son in us that we are enabled to have fellowship with the Father and the Son. Believers enjoy the fellowship OF, but not WITH, the Holy Ghost. Through Christ God closes up the chasm that separated Him from us (the human race) -> He imparts Himself to us in the communion of the Divine Life. (Verse 3)
- THEOLOGY – Our joy can only be complete when we are spreading the good news of Jesus and winning more people to the fellowship of the Father and the Son. (Verse 4)
- THEOLOGY – God IS Light, and there is NO darkness in Him AT ALL, not in ANY way. When we trust in Him and follow His ways and purposes we can be assured that He will work ALL things together for good. (Verse 5)
DISCLAIMER – These Theologies I am writing down are what I take away from the scripture as I read it and cross reference with other supporting passages in the bible. I am not a linguist who is able to decipher the original Hebrew and Greek text, I must rely on the Holy Spirit to reveal in me His truth as I read it.