Top Level Notes for 1 John 5:1-5
Verse 1 & 2: How do I know that I am capable of a love that serves and cares for other believers?
- I believe that Jesus is the Christ
- I believe/know that I am a born again child of His
- I have a deep inset desire from God (His nature) to care for and serve others
How do I know that I and loving the children of God the way He intends?
- I LOVE God Himself!
- I obey His commands
Verse 3: The true love of God defined:
- I love God when I do what He commands in His word.
- The commands are a true joy; not burdensome or loathsome.
Verse 4: God has conquered death and the power of sin (the world) in our loves. When I am IN Him, I too have victory over the world around me. Our faith is the fortress that keeps us safe; a refuge from the evil in this world.
Verse 5: The ONLY way to overcome this world is through the conqueror Himself -> Jesus Christ.